There are few things in life more important than your health, and what better way to express and celebrate it by participating in regular physical activity? At Bost Chiropractic, our Oklahoma City chiropractor team, led by Dr. Leslie Bost, is on a mission to help our entire community maximize their health and recover from sports injury the natural way. If you’ve been sidelined by an acute or chronic injury, we encourage you to come see how we can help.
Sports Injury: Types and Risk Factors
A sports injury can happen suddenly during a specific incident, such as an awkward landing or movement. It may also occur more gradually overtime. Common types of sports injury our patients come to us with include:
- Muscle strains (especially in the shoulder and hamstrings)
- Ligament sprains (especially in the knee)
- Whiplash and back pain
- Tendonitis and bursitis
- Runner’s knee (damage to the underside of the knee cap)
- Medial or lateral epicondylitis (also known as golfer’s elbow and tennis elbow)
- Shin splints
- Plantar fasciitis
While anyone can sustain a sports injury, people who are most at risk include those who overtrain, have poor nutrition/hydration, have poor technique, use ill-fitting equipment, or participate in high impact and/or contact sports. Additionally, unaddressed prior injuries can result in areas of weakness and mobility limitations that could be increasing the risk for recurring problems.
What Our Oklahoma Chiropractor Can Do for Sports Injury
As an Oklahoma chiropractor, Dr. Bost has worked with hundreds of local athletes of all ages, abilities, and types. She devises individualized treatment plans for sports injury relief, using services such as:
- Chiropractic adjustments, including pediatric chiropractic: realign the spine, restore normal nerve function, alleviate pain
- Corrective exercises: re-establish proper movement patterns, improve core stability, accelerate tissue healing, and improve strength and endurance
- Lifestyle counseling: maximize what you do outside the chiropractic office to naturally boost physical performance and avoid recurring injuries (e.g., tips to improve sleep, stress, and hydration)
- Nutritional counseling: learn what the best foods are for your body so you can heal thoroughly and feel, function, and look the best
Is Your Sports Injury Impacting Your Daily Life?
Contact Bost Chiropractic today at (405) 691-3838 to schedule an appointment with an experienced Oklahoma City chiropractor. Dr. Bost and her staff are committed to providing an amazing patient experience from the first phone call to the last follow-up visit. We’re here to help you get back in the game—call now!